- Course unit code:
- Course unit title:
- Fundamentals of Law
- Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:
- lecture – 2 hours weekly (on-site method)
- Credits allocated:
- Recommended semester:
- Biotechnológia – bachelor (full-time, attendance method), 3. semester
Potraviny, výživa, kozmetika – bachelor (full-time, attendance method), 1. semester
Process Control – bachelor (full-time, attendance method), 3. semester
- Level of study:
- Prerequisites for registration:
- Assesment methods:
- The student will receive credits for the subject if he / she successfully passes the oral exam at the end of the semester. The exam is evaluated by points. The evaluation is made according to success as follows: A 92-100 points, B 83-91 points, C 74-82, D 65-73, E 56-64, FX 56 and less.
- Learning outcomes of the course unit:
- The student is able to orientate in issues related to the basics of constitutional law, civil relations, labor relations, legislation, trade business, company law. The student also has knowledge about the subject of rights to intangible assets, about the types of intellectual property rights, especially industrial property. He masters legislation on human relations in the national and international context. The student is able to define codes and legal norms with a special focus on civil law and labor law issues.
- Course contents:
The importance of the study of law and the content focus of the subject.
Legal relationship and its elements. Legal norms.
Contractual relations, individual types of contracts.
Acquisition of ownership of movable and immovable property. Forms of ownership. Protection of property rights.
Labor law relationship and its subjects. Employment contracts.
Social insurance, its types and forms of insurance.
Dispute resolution in legal relations. Judicial proceedings and its principles. The system of courts. Judicial decisions.
EU legislation and approximation of Slovak law.
Acquisition of the ownership law for the movable and immovable property. Forms of ownership. Protection of the right of property.
Industrial - labour-law relation and its subjects. Labour contracts.
Social insurance, its types and forms.
Resolution of disputes in legal relations. Judicial proceedings and their principles. System of courts. Judicial decisions. Appeal and admissible recourse. Execution of judicial decisions.
EU legislation and the approximation of law.
- Recommended or required reading:
- JANKŮ, M: Základy práva pre poslucháčov neprávnických fakúlt. Nakladateľstvo C. H. Beck, Bratislava 2012, ISBN 978-80-89603-06-0.
- LAZÍKOVÁ, J.: Základy práva duševného vlastníctva. Bratislava: IURA EDITION, 2012. 302 s. ISBN 978-80-8078-476-8.
- ŠVIDROŇ, J. Základy práva duševného vlastníctva. Bratislava: JUGA, 2000. 252 s. ISBN 80-85506-93-9.
- ÚSTAVA SR. *. Bratislava: *, 1992
- Language of instruction:
- Slovak, English
- Assessed students in total:
A 35.9 %
B 18.6 %
C 34.0 %
D 7.7 %
E 3.8 %
FX 0 %
- Course supervisor:
- doc. Ing. Monika Zatrochová, PhD.
- Last modification:
- 13. 9. 2021
Department of Management