- Course unit code:
- Course unit title:
- Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:
- laboratory practice – 2 hours weekly (on-site method)
- Credits allocated:
- Recommended semester:
- Biotechnológia – bachelor (full-time, attendance method), 2. semester
Chemical Engineering – bachelor (full-time, attendance method), 2. semester
Chemistry, Medical Chemistry and Chemical Materials – bachelor (full-time, attendance method), 2. semester
Potraviny, výživa, kozmetika – bachelor (full-time, attendance method), 2. semester
Automation, Information Engineering and Management in Chemistry and Food Industry – bachelor (full-time, attendance method), 2. semester
- Level of study:
- Prerequisites for registration:
- Assesment methods:
- Two assignments during the semester.
- Learning outcomes of the course unit:
- Student acquires knowledge of personal computers usage principles and laboratory information management systems functionality. He/she has skills to analyze experimental data in a spreadsheet. In order to make such analysis, he/she is able to use functions, charts and constructions for data processing. Student has skills for academic writing in a text editor. He/she is able to create documents in graphical and presentation software.
- Course contents:
- Computer architecture. Layered architecture and structure of folders. Functionality and architecture of laboratory management information systems. Spreadsheet MS Excel. Address space organization of MS Excel, mathematical and statistical functions. Structured constructions, data analysis methods, charts, matrices and equation solving. Text editor MS Word, formatting and styles. Chemical and mathematical texts, tables. Advanced functions and academic writing. Presentation and visualization, graphical and presentation software.
- Recommended or required reading:
- MICROSOFT, C. Technická podpora pre Office. [online]. 2014. URL: http://office.microsoft.com/sk-sk/support/.
- Language of instruction:
- Slovak, English
- Assessed students in total:
A 30.7 %
B 29.6 %
C 22.8 %
D 9.4 %
E 7.3 %
FX 0.2 %
- Name of lecturer(s):
- Š. Boor, M. Gall, M. Nehéz (2018/2019 – Winter)
Š. Boor, M. Gall, M. Nehéz (2017/2018 – Winter)
Š. Boor, M. Gall, K. Chudá, N. Krivoňáková, M. Nehéz (2016/2017 – Winter)
Š. Boor, M. Gall, K. Chudá, N. Krivoňáková, A. Maťašovský, M. Nehéz (2015/2016 – Winter)
- Course supervisor:
- RNDr. Martin Nehéz, PhD.
- Last modification:
- 19. 9. 2019
Department of Management