- Course unit code:
- Course unit title:
- Corporate Finances
- Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:
- lecture – 2 hours weekly (on-site method)
seminar – 3 hours weekly (on-site method)
- Credits allocated:
- Recommended semester:
- Automation, Information Engineering and Management in Chemistry and Food Industry – bachelor (full-time, attendance method), 3. semester
- Level of study:
- Prerequisites for registration:
- Assesment methods:
- During the semester student will write 2 written tests for 40 points. To pass a test is needed in the sum of at least 24 points. The oral exam is assessed 60 points. On successful completion of the oral exam is needed at least 32 points. Student will get credits for the course, if you successfully complete the tests and the oral exam. Evaluation shall be made as successful as follows: A 92-100 points, 83-91 points B, C 74-82, D 65-73, E 56-64.
- Learning outcomes of the course unit:
- During the study the student will become familiar with the various segments of the financial market, become familiar with basic information on the principles and functioning of the financial market in a market economy and the use of financial market products for the realization of investments. After successful completion of this course the student gains knowledge and habits that enable money market instruments used in the practice of corporate governance
- Course contents:
- Characteristics of corporate finance
The basic objective of the business and financial goals of the company
Basic criteria for financial decision.
Characteristics of the financial resources of the firm
Foreign capital enterprise
Financing of fixed assets the company
Financing of current assets the company
Financial aspects of association of undertakings
Financial business to foreign countries
Financial issues of crisis management and doom
- Recommended or required reading:
- VLACHYNSKÝ, K. Podnikové financie. Bratislava : Iura Edition, 2006. 482 s. ISBN 80-8078-029-3.
- BONDAREVA, I. – ZATROCHOVÁ, M. Podnikové financie. Teória a praktické aplikácie. Bratislava : Statis, 2011. 123 s. ISBN 978-80-85659-69-6.
- BREALEY, R A. – MYERS, S C. Teorie a praxe firemních financí. Praha : Computer Press, 2000. 1064 s. ISBN 80-7226-189-4.
- ROSS, S A. – WESTERFIELD, R W. – JAFFE, J F. Corporate finance. Homewood : IRWIN, 1990. 833 s. ISBN 0-256-07917-X.
- Language of instruction:
- Slovak, English
- Assessed students in total:
A 43.5 %
B 6.5 %
C 30.4 %
D 4.3 %
E 15.3 %
FX 0 %
- Course supervisor:
- doc. Ing. Irina Bondareva, PhD.
- Last modification:
- 19. 9. 2019
Department of Management