- Course unit code:
- Course unit title:
- Quality Management
- Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:
- lecture – 1 hour weekly (on-site method)
seminar – 2 hours weekly (on-site method)
- Credits allocated:
- Recommended semester:
- Automation, Information Engineering and Management in Chemistry and Food Industry – bachelor (full-time, attendance method), 6. semester
- Level of study:
- Prerequisites for registration:
- Assesment methods:
- Students prepare and present 1 semester project during the semester. The sum of points for the test is 30. Students successfully pass the advocacy of the project if they earn at least 16 points. Students also have to pass the oral exam. The maximum number of points for the oral exam is 20 and the students will pass the oral exam successfully if they earn at least 10 points. Students will get credits for the course if they successfully pass both, the written test and the oral exam. Students are graded as follows: A 46-50 points, B 41-45 points, C 36-40, D 31-35 points, E 26-30 points
- Learning outcomes of the course unit:
- Students obtain knowledge in the field of production quality provision in an industrial enterprise. The students comprehend the principles of functioning of the systems based on ISO, company and TQM standards. They become aware of the systems' economic effectiveness and employment in practice. Students know to recognize the role of the human factor played in managerial systems. The subject helps students to develop their abilities, communication, and team work, and will encourage them to flexibly react to changes.
- Course contents:
- Quality – basic concepts, definitions, approaches
History of quality management
American and Japanese approach to quality management
Formation and evolution of quality management
Production approach to quality management
Quality management conceptions
Quality management system QMS according to ISO 9000:2008, fundamentals, methods
Total quality management TQM
Audit and certification of quality systems
Economy of quality
Environmental management system EMS according to ISO 14000
Inergrated management systems
Human factor in quality management
- Recommended or required reading:
- MATEIDES, A. Manažerstvo kvality. Bratislava: EPOS, 2006. 751 s. ISBN 80-8057-656-4.
- MATEIDES, A. – ZÁVADSKÝ, J. Ako zaviesť systém riadenia kvality podľa STN EN ISO 9001:2001 v organizácii. Bratislava : Epos, 2005. 217 s. ISBN 80-8057-632-7.
- NENADÁL, J. Ekonomika jakosti v praxi. Žilina : MASM, 1995. 133 s. ISBN 80-85348-26-8.
- NENADÁL, J. – NOSKIEVIČOVÁ, D. – PETŘÍKOVÁ, R. – PLURA, J. – TOŠENOVSKÝ, J. Moderní management jakosti: Principy, postupy, metody. Praha : Management Press, 2008. 376 s. ISBN 978-80-7261-186-7.
- DAVIS, S. – GOETSCH, D. Quality Management for Organizational Excellence. New Jersey, USA: Person Education, 2010. ISBN 978-0-13-800354-8.
- Language of instruction:
- Slovak, English
- Assessed students in total:
A 53.7 %
B 22.2 %
C 22.2 %
D 1.9 %
E 0 %
FX 0 %
- Course supervisor:
- doc. Dr. Ing. Milan Majerník
- Last modification:
- 19. 9. 2019
Department of Management