Number: VEGA KEGA 3/7245/09
Period: 2009 - 2011
- Institute of Control and Industrial Informatics, FEI STU, Bratislava, prof. Huba (coordinator)
- Department of Computers and Informatics, FEI TU Košice, doc. Jakab
- Department of Information Engineering and Process Control, FCHPT STU, prof. Fikar
Principal investigator: Prof. Dr. Ing. Miroslav Fikar
Scientific co-workers: doc. Bakošová, Ing. Čirka (UIAM deputy), Ing. Kvasnica, Ing. Vörös, Ing. Herceg, Ing. Podmajerský, Ing. Vaneková.
The overall aim can be decomposed into several subproblems. Our team will solve the following:
- Design and Implementation of a server and portal for administration of remote access to several laboratory processes, integration of experiments into LMS Moodle, design and implementation of client-server applications cooperating with Matlab based on Matlab .NET Builder, Matlab Java Builder, COM objects, design similar applications based on open-source tools like Scilab.
- Development of a virtual and remote laboratory for monitoring and control of chemical, biochemical, and food processes. The laboratory will aid to education in dynamical process systems, control, experimental identification of processes. It will also make possible to improve curriculum in master study. Students in virtual and remote laboratories will gain knowledge needed for real laboratory work.
- Development of elearning portal based on CMS (Content Management System), or LMS (Learning Management System). Individual courses in bachelor and master studies will be suitable for distance education and connection with virtual and remote laboratories. These courses will simplify future transformation of presence education to distance education. Course development will make use of the newest information technologies.
on-line laboratories, remote experiments, Web Based Training, distance education
The aim of the project is to continue in previous successful cooperation in development of virtual laboratories and to create virtual and remote experiments in measurement, control, and communication infrastructure based on information and communication technologies. Created experiments improve access to laboratories up to 24/7, support distance and electronic educational forms, help to handicaped people. The cooperation within the network will compare results of all groups.