Title: Control of Chemical and Biochemical Processes with Uncertainties
Number: VEGA 1/0537/10
Principal investigator: M. Bakošová
Scientific co-workers: DIEPC
Key words: process control, system with uncertainties, modelling, robust stabilization, robust control
The scientific project deals with development of advanced control methods for systems with uncertainties and focuses on processes typical for chemical and food technologies, as e.g. chemical reactors, biochemical reactors, distillation columns, and others. Development of methods of robust analysis, robust stabilization, robust control and predictive control of systems with uncertainties constitutes the core of the project. Computational requirements and practical use will be taken into account in the design of algorithms. Designed algorithms, controllers, and control structures will be tested by simulations and in laboratory conditions.
The main goal of the project consists in development of algorithms and control structures, which will solve problems connected with presence of uncertainties in processes representing key technological plants in chemical and biochemical industries.
The goals of the project are as follows:
- development and analysis of mathematical models of chemical and biochemical processes with uncertainties in the form of systems with various types of parametric uncertainties and in the form of fuzzy models,
- extension of a toolbox of mathematical models of chemical and biochemical processes,
- development of robust analysis methods for single-input single-output (SISO) and multi-input multi-output (MIMO) systems with parametric uncertainties and elaborating of methodology for checking of necessary and sufficient conditions for robust stabilization of systems with parametric uncertainties,
- transformation of chosen problems of robust stabilization and robust control to the form of linear matrix inequalities (LMIs) and bilinear matrix inequalities (BMIs) and the choice of suitable methods and design of algorithms for solving of LMIs and BMIs with orientation to non-iterative algorithms,
- robust stabilization and robust control of chemical and biochemical processes with special attention to chemical reactors, biochemical reactors and distillation columns,
- development of methods for design of robust PID controllers with emphasis on control quality and performance,
- predictive control of processes with uncertainties,
- design of a software package for robust controller design, robust stabilization and robust control of processes.