- Project number:
- Title of the project:
- Hu-Sk Cooperation: Advanced Optimization and Control Strategies in Energy Saving Processes
- Project type:
- Project duration (start):
- Project duration (end):
- Principal investigator for STU:
- Alajos Mészáros
- Monika Bakošová, Miroslav Fikar
Title: Advanced Optimization and Control Strategies in Energy Saving Processes
- Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava, Faculty of Chemical and Food Technology, Department of Infom. Eng. and Process Control (A. Mészáros, M. Fikar, M. Bakošová)
- University of Pannonia, Veszprém, Hungary (F. Friedler, P. Varbanov, J.
Project proposal abstract
The project deals with development of advanced approaches to control of systems with uncertainties and focuses on processes typical for chemical and food technologies, as e.g. chemical reactors, biochemical reactors, distillation columns, and others. Development of methods of robust analysis, robust stabilization and robust control of systems with uncertainties constitutes the core of the project. Processes with recycle can be also included to the systems with uncertainties. Designed algorithms, controllers, and control structures will be tested by simulations and in laboratory conditions. Obtained results will be transferred to the industrial praxis.
The project has the following technology and scientific goals:
- Increase in the utilisation of renewable resources (green energy production, mass and energy utilization of wastes, hydrogen production and its mass and energetic transformations).
- Reducing environmental pollution (sustainability indices, cleaner production, pollution prevention and control, and environmental management, CO2 absorption from the air).
- Development of new sustainable production procedures, tools and technologies by means of process modelling, simulation, intensification, optimization and integration.
- Intensive transfer of knowledge and technologies to companies who express their Research and Development needs in the field of PSE.
- M. Bakošová – A. Mészáros – J. Klemeš – J. Oravec: Robust and Optimal Control Approach for Exothermic Reactor Stabilization. Theoretical Foundations of Chemical Engineering, no. 46, pp. 740–746, 2012.
- M. Bakošová – A. Mészáros – J. Klemeš – J. Oravec: Comparison of Robust and Optimal Approach to Stabilization of CSTRs. Chemical Engineering Transactions, vol. 25, pp. 99–104, 2011.
- A. Vasičkaninová – M. Bakošová: Intelligent Control of Heat Exchangers. Chemical Engineering Transactions, vol. 25, pp. 165–170, 2011.
- A. Vasičkaninová – M. Bakošová – A. Mészáros – J. Klemeš: Neural network predictive control of a heat exchanger. Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 31, pp. 2094–2100, 2011.
- M. Bakošová – J. Oravec: Solutions of LMIs in the Problem of Robust Stabilization of Chemical Reactors. In VOCAL 2010, Program and Abstracts, pp. 47–47, 2010.
- M. Kvasnica – A. Szűcs – M. Fikar: Optimization-Based Automatic Derivation of Hybrid Approximations. In VOCAL 2010, Program and Abstracts, pp. 55–55, 2010.
- R. Paulen – M. Fikar – G. Foley – Z. Kovacs – P. Czermak: Time-Optimal Diafiltration Process: Dynamic Optimization Approach. In VOCAL 2010, Program and Abstracts, pp. 91–92, 2010.
- M. Podmajerský – B. Chachuat – M. Fikar: Measurement-based Optimisation of Batch Process by Integrated Two-Time-Scale Scheme. In VOCAL 2010, Program and Abstracts, pp. 93–93, 2010.
- A. Vasičkaninová – M. Bakošová – A. Mészáros – J. Klemeš: Neural network predictive control of a heat exchanger. Chemical Engineering Transactions, vol. 21, pp. 73–78, 2010.