Number: VEGA 1/0973/12
Principal investigator: M. Bakošová
Keywords: uncertainty, modelling, robust stabilisation, robust predictive control, process control, energy savings
The scientific project deals with development of advanced control methods for systems with uncertainties and focuses on processes typical in chemical and food technologies, as e.g. chemical reactors, biochemical reactors, distillation columns, heat exchangers and other energy consuming processes. Development of methods of robust stabilization and robust predictive control of systems with uncertainties constitutes the core of the project and the goal is to assure more efficient energy saving control in comparison to classical approaches. Computational requirements and practical use will be taken into account in the design of control algorithms. Designed algorithms, controllers, and control structures will be tested by simulations and in laboratory conditions. They will be compared with classical ones from the viewpoint of energy consumption during the control.
The main project goal is to design algorithms and control structures that solve problems related to uncertanties in main chemical and biochemical processes.
The project goals are as follows:
- development of mathematical models of chemical and biochemical processes with uncertainties of various types and of fuzzy models,
- further development of library of mathematical models of processes in chemical technology,
- design of robust static and dynamic stabilisation of multivariable systems with parametric uncertainties, necessary and sufficient conditions of robust stabilisation with desired performance,
- transformation of selected problems of robust stabilisation into linear and bilinear matric inequalities, design of suitable methods (mostly of non-iterative character) that solve these problems,
- development of robust model predictive methods for system with parametric uncertainties that guarantee robust stability and desired performance of feedback control systems,
- application of robust stabilisation and robust model predictive control for chemical and biochemical processes focused on energetically demanding processes as heat exchangers, distillation columns, chemical and biochemical reactors,
- development of software package for robust stabilisation and control and for robust model predictive control of processes,
- simulation based comparison for developed methods with classical approaches and comparison of energy demands (heating/cooling) for selected process control examples,
- experimental comparison (on laboratory processes) of developed methods of robust stabilisation and robust model predictive control with classical approaches and comparison of energy demands in process control.