Invensys is a global technology company that works in partnership with a broad range of industrial and commercial customers to design and supply advanced technologies that optimize their operational performance and profitability. From oil refineries and power stations to mining companies and appliance manufacturers, our market-leading software, systems and controls enable our customers to monitor, control and automate their products and processes, thereby maximizing safety, efficiency, reliability and ease of use. Active in over 180 countries, we employ more than 16,500 people across four business segments: Software, Industrial Automation, Energy Controls and Appliance.
We are offering a great opportunity for you to succeed on the position of Application Engineer in Invensys Engineering Excellence Center in Bratislava. On this position, you will work in a highly specialized team of professionals with the focus on the projects in industrial automation and control. You will be responsible for the following:
• Provide consultation to prospective users;
• Interpret customer technical specifications and generate strategies for implementation in production;
• Assist customer in defining detailed application, system, and hardware requirements;
• Work from process and instrumentation drawings to design applications and control strategies;
• Develop software and system configurations;
• Assist with on-site engineering, start-up and application commissioning;
• Participate in customer acceptance tests;
• Prepare test, product and project documentation.
• Engineering Degree in Electrical engineering, IT, Energetics or Automation;
• Minimum 2 to 3 years of related experience;
• Communicative level of English;
• Willingness and flexibility to travel up to 50% of your working time;
• Good knowledge of PLC and DCS systems is a major plus;
• Strong motivation to learn new technologies;
• Customer approach, creative thinking, good communication skills, team spirit and high commitment to the work.
At Invensys we know our success depends upon you. We provide career development opportunities, professional trainings and learning opportunities to help you to realize your full potential.