Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratories (MERL, http://www.merl.com) located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA, invites qualified candidates to apply for the position of Member, Research Staff and to join its growing Mechatronics Group.
There are two positions open and candidates at all levels of experience will be considered. Candidates with interest and expertise in state estimation and/or system identification are especially encouraged to apply. Candidates with experience with transportation systems and/or thermofluid systems will be given preference. Successful candidates are expected to perform original, relevant research in the area of control systems, to impact corporate technology & product development, and to publish in leading control systems journals.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Conducting innovative and relevant research in modeling & control of mechatronic systems,
• Solving challenging controls problems in partnership with corporate R&D laboratories in Japan,
• Transferring results and technology to Mitsubishi Electric corporate research laboratories,
• Publishing results in leading technical journals, conferences, and in patent applications, and
• Drafting project proposals and leading research projects.
Qualifications for this position are:
• A Ph.D. from an internationally-recognized institution in controls or related discipline,
• A strong publication record consistent with experience,
• A record for independently proposing and executing research projects leading to publication,
• Extensive knowledge of control theory, especially estimation & system identification methods,
• Experience and interest in experimentally implementing control systems in hardware and software,
• Strong teamwork, communication, listening and teaching skills.
Interested parties should contact Dr. Scott A. Bortoff, Group Manager, Mechatronics (email@example.com). MERL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.