- Course unit code:
- Course unit title:
- Operating Systems
- Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:
- laboratory practice – 2 hours weekly (on-site method)
- Credits allocated:
- Recommended semester:
- Automation, Information Engineering and Management in Chemistry and Food Industry – bachelor (full-time, attendance method), 3. semester
- Level of study:
- Prerequisites for registration:
- Assesment methods:
- To each section there is to be one online assignment submitted and one online test elaborated to each chapter being gone through during the semester. In conclusion a last assignment comprising the whole semester issue is to be elaborated.
assignment – 90 % of evaluation
tests - 10% of evaluation
- Learning outcomes of the course unit:
- The student gains the knowledge on functioning of operating systems. He is able to work in a UNIX-like operating system surrounding. He obtains the necessary basis for the creation of bash scripts.
The student attains the knowledge how to work with files and directories. He is also able to browse and modify this file structure. He gains the knowledge how to modify or archive these files. The student can access these files also remotely from other servers (or computers, copying, login, logoff, send). Besides the files the student is able to manage even the currently running processes (scanning, stopping and termination).
- Course contents:
- OS UNIX,
files and directories,
- Recommended or required reading:
- ČADA, O. Operační systémy. Praha: Grada, 1993. ISBN 80-85623-44-7.
- WATKISS, S. Penguin Tutor. [online]. 2013. URL: http://www.penguintutor.com/.
- GARRELS, M. Bash Guide for Beginners. [online]. 2008. URL: http://www.tldp.org/LDP/Bash-Beginners-Guide/html/.
- STRÁNKY, Č. Učebnice GNU/Linuxu. [online]. 2006. URL: http://www.abclinuxu.cz/ucebnice.
- JANOČKO, D. Využitie Raspberry Pi na edukačné účely. Bachelor thesis. STU, 2013.
- TOPJIAN, J. Unix for the Beginning Mage. [online]. 2008. URL: http://unixmages.com/.
- COOPER, M. Advanced Bash-Scripting Guide. [online]. 2008. URL: http://freecomputerbooks.com/Advanced-Bash-Scripting-Guide.html.
- SOVA, M. UNIX: Úvod do operačního systému. Praha : Grada, 1991. 289 s. ISBN 80-85424-16-9.
- Language of instruction:
- Slovak, English
- The course is recommended during the second year of study in program, automation, informatics and management in the chemical and food industry.
- Assessed students in total:
A 52.7 %
B 30.5 %
C 8.4 %
D 3.1 %
E 4.6 %
FX 0.7 %
- Name of lecturer(s):
- R. Valo (2020/2021 – Winter)
R. Valo (2019/2020 – Winter)
R. Paulen (2018/2019 – Winter)
R. Valo (2017/2018 – Winter)
R. Valo (2016/2017 – Winter)
- Course supervisor:
- Ing. Richard Valo, PhD.
- Last modification:
- 19. 9. 2019
Department of Information Engineering and Process Control