- Course unit code:
- Course unit title:
- Linux -- Basic Automation
- Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:
- laboratory practice – 2 hours weekly (on-site method)
- Credits allocated:
- Recommended semester:
- Automation, Information Engineering and Management in Chemistry and Food Industry – bachelor (full-time, attendance method), 3. semester
- Level of study:
- Prerequisites for registration:
- Assesment methods:
- Students will be working on their final scripts during the semester. The sum of points for this script is 100. Students will successfully pass the subject if they earn at least 56 points. Grading is as follows:
A = 92–100 points, B = 83–91 points, C = 74–82 points, D = 65–73 points, E = 56–64 points.
- Learning outcomes of the course unit:
- The student has basic knowledge on scripting in Unix-environment. He/She is able to design and create simple service scripts in the command shell interpreter bash. He has knowledge on principles of Unix-programming.
- Course contents:
- bash - overview
Introduction to scripting
Algorithms for more complex tasks
- Recommended or required reading:
- STRÁNKY, Č. Učebnice GNU/Linuxu. [online]. 2006. URL: http://www.abclinuxu.cz/ucebnice.
- SOVA, M. UNIX: Úvod do operačního systému. Praha : Grada, 1991. 289 s. ISBN 80-85424-16-9.
- ČADA, O. Operační systémy. Praha: Grada, 1993. ISBN 80-85623-44-7.
- COOPER, M. Advanced Bash-Scripting Guide. [online]. 2008. URL: http://freecomputerbooks.com/Advanced-Bash-Scripting-Guide.html.
- TOPJIAN, J. Unix for the Beginning Mage. [online]. 2008. URL: http://unixmages.com/.
- JANOČKO, D. Využitie Raspberry Pi na edukačné účely. Bachelor thesis. STU, 2013.
- GARRELS, M. Bash Guide for Beginners. [online]. 2008. URL: http://www.tldp.org/LDP/Bash-Beginners-Guide/html/.
- WATKISS, S. Penguin Tutor. [online]. 2013. URL: http://www.penguintutor.com/.
- Language of instruction:
- Slovak, English
- The course is recommended during the second year of study in program, automation, informatics and management in the chemical and food industry. I recommend it, only after completing the subject of Operating Systems.
- Assessed students in total:
A 58.6 %
B 6.9 %
C 13.8 %
D 13.8 %
E 6.9 %
FX 0 %
- Name of lecturer(s):
- R. Valo (2019/2020 – Winter)
Ľ. Čirka (2018/2019 – Winter)
R. Valo (2017/2018 – Winter)
R. Valo (2016/2017 – Winter)
R. Valo (2015/2016 – Winter)
- Course supervisor:
- prof. Ing. Miroslav Fikar, DrSc.
- Last modification:
- 19. 9. 2019
Department of Information Engineering and Process Control