- Course unit code:
- Course unit title:
- Physical Chemistry Laboratory Practice II
- Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:
- seminar – 2 hours weekly (on-site method)
- Credits allocated:
- Recommended semester:
- Biotechnológia – bachelor (full-time, attendance method), 4. semester
Chemical Engineering – bachelor (full-time, attendance method), 4. semester
Chemistry, Medical Chemistry and Chemical Materials – bachelor (full-time, attendance method), 4. semester
Potraviny, výživa, kozmetika – bachelor (full-time, attendance method), 4. semester
Process Control – bachelor (full-time, attendance method), 4. semester
- Level of study:
- Prerequisites for registration:
- passed Laboratory of Physical Chemistry I (N421L10_4B) or passed Laboratory of Physical Chemistry I (N421L8_4B) or passed Physical Chemistry Laboratory Practice I (421L2_4B)
- Assesment methods:
- Student completes required number of practices. His / Her knowledge is assessed using tests, oral examination related to practiced topic. Student prepares reports on performed measurements. The student passes the course successfully if he / she submits all reports and his / her success in laboratory practice will be at least 56%.
- Learning outcomes of the course unit:
- Student gains practical skills from the fundamentals of electrochemical measurements, chemical kinetics experiments and colloid chemistry. Student is able to work with conductometer and laboratory galvanic cells and measure their electromotoric force, can perform various types of titrations, measure absorbance of solutions using colorimeter. In laboratory work, students applies knowledge obtained in the lectures and seminars from physical chemistry. Student can process and evaluate obtained experimental data using computer technology and apply basic statistical methods of data processing.
- Course contents:
- Recommended or required reading:
- KLEIN, E. Fyzikálna chémia, Praktikum. Bratislava: Nakladateľstvo STU, 2009. 191 s. ISBN 978-80-227-3187-4.
- ATKINS, P W. Physical Chemistry + CD-Rom. Oxford : Oxford University Press, 1998. 1014 s. ISBN 0-19269068-X.
- ATKINS, P W. Student's Solutions Manual for Physical Chemistry. Oxford : Oxford University Press, 1998. 429 s. ISBN 0-19-850319-9.
- Language of instruction:
- Slovak, English
- Laboratory Practices from Physical Chemistry II are connected with the subject Physical Chemistry II or Biophysical Chemistry.
- Assessed students in total:
A 68.3 %
B 26.0 %
C 4.4 %
D 0.5 %
E 0.1 %
FX 0.7 %
- Course supervisor:
- doc. Ing. Erik Klein, PhD.
- Last modification:
- 15. 7. 2021
Department of Physical Chemistry