- Course unit code:
- Course unit title:
- Semestral Project II
- Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:
- semestral project – 4 hours weekly (on-site method)
- Credits allocated:
- Recommended semester:
- Automation and Information Engineering in Chemistry and Food Industry – master (full-time, attendance method), 2. semester
Food, Hygiene, Cosmetics – master (full-time, attendance method), 2. semester
Biotechnology – master (full-time, attendance method), 2. semester
Biochemistry and Biomedical Technologies – master (full-time, attendance method), 2. semester
Technical Chemistry – master (full-time, attendance method), 2. semester
Nutrition and Food Quality Assessment – master (full-time, attendance method), 2. semester
- Level of study:
- Prerequisites for registration:
- Assesment methods:
- Students work on their projects with selected topics. They draw up reports in electronic or printed form, and present the results. Students are evaluated for the project development and achievement of the aims. The evaluation is done in accordance with the study rules of the STU.
- Learning outcomes of the course unit:
- The students have become systematic knowledge of the issues studied and have become familiar with the current state of the field related to the topic of the project. The students are able to define problems, to choose methods for solving them. The students are able to evaluate the possibility to implement and to develop chosen methods. The students are able to evaluate critically the advantages and disadvantages of the chosen methods. They are able to propose possible solutions and experiments focusing on the future thesis. They can conduct initial experiments and evaluated them.
- Course contents:
- Literature search in areas relevant to the chosen theme of the project.
Study of the available literature.
Definition of basic problems and methods for solving studied problems.
Design and conducting initial experiments focusing on the project.
Elaboration of a written report on the current state of knowledge in a field related to the topic of the project.
Evaluation of preliminary experiments and results.
- Language of instruction:
- Slovak, English
- The teachers are all supervisors in the study programme; therefore they are not listed individually. All supervisors teach in Slovak or English language. Recommended literature relates to the topic of the Dissertation Project I and the topic of the dissertation thesis.
- Assessed students in total:
A 91.7 %
B 6.1 %
C 1.2 %
D 0.3 %
E 0.5 %
FX 0.2 %
- Name of lecturer(s):
- Ľ. Čirka, Z. Takáč (2020/2021 – Winter)
- Last modification:
- 19. 9. 2019
Department of Information Engineering and Process Control