- Course unit code:
- Course unit title:
- Fundamentals of Fuzzy Systems
- Mode of delivery, planned learning activities and teaching methods:
- lecture – 2 hours weekly (on-site method)
seminar – 1 hour weekly (on-site method)
- Credits allocated:
- Recommended semester:
- Automation and Information Engineering in Chemistry and Food Industry – master (full-time, attendance method), 3. semester
- Level of study:
- Prerequisites for registration:
- Assesment methods:
- During semester, students will write a test (solving examples) including the topics of the first four chapters of lectures. They also work out a project of some practical application of fuzzy sets and fuzzy logic. Students must gain at least 15 points from possible 30 points.
The gained points will be included into the final evaluation of a student.
After completing the course, students will write an overview test including all topics of the lectures. They can gain 70 points. For a sucessful passing the exam they need to gain at least 56 points from all 100 possible points.
- Learning outcomes of the course unit:
- The student acquires basic knowledge of the theory of fuzzy sets and fuzzy logic and acquaints with their applications. The student is able to apply actively methods of the theory of fuzzy sets and fuzzy logic in solving problems in the theory of fuzzy control.
- Course contents:
- 1. Fuzzy sets - basic notions
2. Fuzzy logic
3. Fuzzy arithmetic
4. Fuzzy relations
5. Fuzzy reasoning
6. Applications of fuzzy sets and fuzzy logic in fuzzy systems
- Recommended or required reading:
- KOLESÁROVÁ, A. – KOVÁČOVÁ, M. Fuzzy množiny a ich aplikácie. Bratislava: Vydavateľstvo STU v Bratislave, 2004. 166 s. ISBN 80-227-2036-4.
- OLŠÁK, P. – NAVARA, M. Základy fuzzy množin. Praha: Vydavatelství ČVUT , 2002. 135 s. ISBN 80-01-02585-3.
- YUAN, B. – KLIR, G. Fuzzy Sets and Fuzzy Logic. Theory and Applications. London: Prentice Hall, 1995.
- NOVÁK, V. Základy fuzzy modelování. Ostrava: Nakladateľstvo BEN-technická literatúra, 2000. 170 s. ISBN 80-7300-009-1.
- Language of instruction:
- Slovak, English
- Assessed students in total:
A 95.5 %
B 0 %
C 4.5 %
D 0 %
E 0 %
FX 0 %
- Name of lecturer(s):
- Z. Takáč (2020/2021 – Winter)
Z. Takáč (2019/2020 – Winter)
Z. Takáč (2018/2019 – Winter)
Z. Takáč (2017/2018 – Winter)
Z. Takáč (2016/2017 – Winter)
- Course supervisor:
- doc. RNDr. Zdenko Takáč, PhD.
- Last modification:
- 19. 9. 2019
Department of Mathematics