Advanced Optimal and Safety Oriented Control of Energy-Intensive Processes
Grant: Internal Grant of the Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava
Time Period: 2017
This project deals with designing of advanced model predictive control synthesis for energy-demanding chemical processes. Especially in these type of process, the choice of a suitable control strategy is largely affecting the economic aspects of production. The main of such control strategy is to minimize the input raw materials and decrease the maintenance costs. Into the family of energy-demanding chemical, processes belong, for example, the distillation column or steam-gas powerhouses. In these types of processes, even a small reduction of input raw materials has the a huge economic impact.
In this project, we will present a synthesis of an advanced model predictive controller which the main purpose will be to optimize setpoints for current control algorithms. This type of control strategy is called "MPC-based Reference Governor Control". By implementing this kind of controller, we will avoid upgrading current control strategies, which is often costly process. Furthermore, since the advanced MPC controller is an optimization-based control strategy, the use of such strategy naturally leads to optimal plant behavior.
Principal Researcher: Ing. Martin Klaučo
- J. Holaza – M. Klaučo – M. Kvasnica: Solution Techniques for Multi-Layer MPC-Based Control Strategies. In Preprints of the 20th IFAC World Congress, Toulouse, France, vol. 20, 2017.
- J. Holaza – R. Valo – M. Klaučo: A Novel Approach of Control Design of the pH in the Neutralization Reactor. Editor(s): M. Fikar and M. Kvasnica, In Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Process Control, Slovak Chemical Library, Štrbské Pleso, Slovakia, pp. 191–196, 2017.
- F. Janeček – M. Klaučo – M. Kalúz – M. Kvasnica: OPTIPLAN: A Matlab Toolbox for Model Predictive Control with Obstacle Avoidance. In Preprints of the 20th IFAC World Congress, Toulouse, France, vol. 20, 2017.
- F. Janeček – M. Klaučo – M. Kvasnica: Trajectory Planning and Following for UAVs with Nonlinear Dynamics. Editor(s): M. Fikar and M. Kvasnica, In Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Process Control, Slovak Chemical Library, Štrbské Pleso, Slovakia, pp. 333–338, 2017.
- M. Klaučo – R. Valo – J. Drgoňa: Reflux control of a laboratory distillation column via MPC-based reference governor. Acta Chimica Slovaca, no. 2, vol. 10, pp. 139–143, 2017.
Responsibility for content: Ing. MSc. Martin Klaučo, PhD.
Last update: 04.04.2017 6:31