- Project number:
- VEGA 1/0585/19
- Title of the project:
- On-Line Tunable Explicit Model Predictive Control for Systems with a Fast Dynamics
- Project type:
- VEGA Research Projects
- Project duration (start):
- Project duration (end):
- Principal investigator:
- Michal Kvasnica
- Peter Bakaráč, Monika Bakošová, Miroslav Fikar, Matúš Furka, Karol Kiš, Martin Klaučo, Juraj Oravec, Petra Valiauga
Period: 1.1.2019 - 31.12.2022
Project Code: VEGA 1/0585/19
Principal investigator: Michal Kvasnica
Scientific co-workers: Martin Klaučo, Miroslav Fikar, Juraj Oravec, Peter Bakaráč
Aims of the project: The aim of the project is the development of a unified methodology for the design, synthesis, and implementation of explicit model predictive controllers that can be tuned on-line by changing the parameters of the cost function and/or of the prediction model. Explicit predictive controllers are known to combine quality and safety of nonlinear control algorithms with the cheap implementation complexity known from linear controllers. Therefore they allow for an optimal and safe regulation of systems with a fast dynamics with time constants in the order of milli- to micro-seconds. Their main drawback, however, is that they cannot be re-tuned on-line. Mitigation of this drawback will lead to extension of the current knowledge in the areas of optimal and predictive control and, more importantly, will enable such controllers to be employed in process automation where quality and safety of control algorithms is of paramount importance.
- M. Furka – K. Kiš – M. Horváthová – M. Mojto – M. Bakošová: Identification and Control of a Cascade of Biochemical Reactors. In 2020 Cybernetics & Informatics (K&I), 2020.
- K. Kiš – M. Klaučo – A. Mészáros: Neural Network Controllers in Chemical Technologies. In 2020 IEEE 15th International Conference of System of Systems Engineering, IEEE, pp. 397–402, 2020.
- J. Theunissen – A. Sorniotti – P. Gruber – S. Fallah – M. Ricco – M. Kvasnica – M. Dhaens: Regionless Explicit Model Predictive Control of Active Suspension Systems With Preview. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, no. 6, vol. 67, pp. 4877–4888, 2020.
- P. Bakaráč – M. Klaučo – J. Oravec: Electronic Sensoric Board (in Slovak). 2019.
- P. Bakaráč – M. Kvasnica: Approximate explicit robust model predictive control of a CSTR with fast reactions (in ). Chemical papers, no. 3, vol. 73, pp. 611–618, 2019.
- K. Fedorová – P. Bakaráč – M. Kvasnica: Comparison of Two Approaches to Agile Manoeuvres via MPC. Editor(s): M. Fikar and M. Kvasnica, In Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Process Control, Slovak Chemical Library, Štrbské Pleso, Slovakia, 2019.
- K. Fedorová – P. Bakaráč – M. Kvasnica: Agile Manoeuvres using Model Predictive Control. Acta Chimica Slovaca, no. 1, vol. 12, pp. 136–141, 2019.
- M. Furka – M. Klaučo: Development and Implementation of Control Algorithms for Furuta Pendulum. Editor(s): M. Fikar and M. Kvasnica, In Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Process Control, Slovak Chemical Library, Štrbské Pleso, Slovakia, 2019.
- M. Furka – M. Klaučo – M. Kvasnica: Stabilization of Furuta Pendulum using Nonlinear MPC. Research Papers Faculty of Materials Science and Technology in Trnava, no. 45, vol. 27, pp. 42–48, 2019.
- K. Kiš – M. Klaučo: Neural Networks Trained as Explicit Tunable MPC Feedback Controllers. Editor(s): M. Fikar and M. Kvasnica, In Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Process Control, Slovak Chemical Library, Štrbské Pleso, Slovakia, 2019.
- K. Kiš – M. Klaučo: Neural network based explicit MPC for chemical reactor control. Acta Chimica Slovaca, no. 2, vol. 12, pp. 218–223, 2019.
- M. Klaučo – M. Kvasnica: MPC-Based Reference Governors, Editor(s): M. J. Grimble, A. Ferrara, Springer, 2019.
- M. Klaučo – M. Kvasnica: Parametric Optimization with the MPT Toolbox and its Applications in Optimal Control. In 30th European Conference on Operational Research, Dublin, vol. 30, 2019.
- M. Kvasnica – P. Bakaráč – M. Klaučo: Complexity reduction in explicit MPC: A reachability approach. Systems & Control Letters, vol. 124, pp. 19–26, 2019.
- J. Oravec – M. Bakošová – L. Galčíková – M. Slávik – M. Horváthová – A. Mészáros: Soft-constrained robust model predictive control of a plate heat exchanger: Experimental analysis. Energy, vol. 180, pp. 303–314, 2019.
- J. Oravec – M. Bakošová – M. Horváthová – L. Galčíková – M. Slávik – A. Vasičkaninová – A. Mészáros: Convex-lifting-based Robust Control of a Laboratory Plate Heat Exchanger. Chemical Engineering Transactions, vol. 76, pp. 733–738, 2019.
- J. Oravec – J. Holaza – M. Horváthová – N. A. Nguyen – M. Kvasnica – M. Bakošová: Convex-lifting-based robust control design using the tunable robust invariant sets. European Journal of Control, vol. 49, pp. 44–52, 2019.
- K. Wang – Y. Jiang – J. Oravec – M. Villanueva – B. Houska: Parallel Explicit Tube Model Predictive Control. In 58th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Nice, France, pp. 7696–7701, 2019.
Responsibility for content: Ing. MSc. Martin Klaučo, PhD.
Last update: 21.12.2018 12:45